SUB-20-R25 SPI Master-Slave Comm

All about Sub-20 Multi Interface USB Adapter USB to I2C, SPI, GPIO, RS232, RS485, Ir, LCD

Moderator: serg

Dave

SUB-20-R25 SPI Master-Slave Comm

Post by Dave »

Greetings:

I have a pair of SUB-20-R25s (FW v0.2.2) that (initially) I'd like to set up to communicate between each other using SPI Master & Slave. I have connected J6 pins 1-3-5-7-10 in a one-to-one fashion between the two SUB-20s. I have tried (without success) to morph the SPI examples included in the Windows distribution into a usable interface, but I am getting no where fast. Do you have a LabVIEW example that performs this operation?

Additionally, it seems that the Dot-Net documentation included with the Windows install hasn't kept pace with the APIs. Specifically I see several functions in the Sub20 and Sub20Enum classes that aren't defined in the Oct 30, 2009 version of Sub20net.doc. Is there an updated version of the documentation available?

Thanks,
Dave

puneetkapoor

Re: SUB-20-R25 SPI Master-Slave Comm

Post by puneetkapoor »

Hi..

Have you tried .net interface in labview for communication with dimax kit ?
If you have any specific problem with the codes, may i help you.

Puneet

xol
Site Admin

Re: SUB-20-R25 SPI Master-Slave Comm

Post by xol »

Dave wrote:Greetings:

I have a pair of SUB-20-R25s (FW v0.2.2) that (initially) I'd like to set up to communicate between each other using SPI Master & Slave. I have connected J6 pins 1-3-5-7-10 in a one-to-one fashion between the two SUB-20s. I have tried (without success) to morph the SPI examples included in the Windows distribution into a usable interface, but I am getting no where fast. Do you have a LabVIEW example that performs this operation?
Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave.
You need to configure one board as SPI Master and another as SPI Slave.
Assuming you are using SUB-20 Tool.
- Master operations are controlled from SPI tab.
- Slave fifo config and read/write can be done via FIFOF tab.
Dave wrote:Greetings:
Additionally, it seems that the Dot-Net documentation included with the Windows install hasn't kept pace with the APIs. Specifically I see several functions in the Sub20 and Sub20Enum classes that aren't defined in the Oct 30, 2009 version of Sub20net.doc. Is there an updated version of the documentation available?
Dave
What exactly?