SPI with SUB-20 Tool

All about Sub-20 Multi Interface USB Adapter USB to I2C, SPI, GPIO, RS232, RS485, Ir, LCD

Moderator: serg

DPE

SPI with SUB-20 Tool

Post by DPE »

I hope this issue is due to my inexperience, but I'm finding that when using the SUB-20 Tool to perform SPI transactions, I can only send out a single byte of data no matter how I configure the Data field or the Byte count field. Using a scope, I can see the correct amount of SCLK pulses corresponding to the value of Byte count, but I only see valid data on the MOSI pin for the first byte. All subsequent bytes are 00. What am I doing wrong?

My current settings:
Polarity: Rise
Phase: SampSetup
Bit order: MSB first
SCK: 8MHz

xol
Site Admin

Re: SPI Problem with SUB-20 Tool

Post by xol »

DPE wrote:I hope this issue is due to my inexperience, but I'm finding that when using the SUB-20 Tool to perform SPI transactions, I can only send out a single byte of data no matter how I configure the Data field or the Byte count field. Using a scope, I can see the correct amount of SCLK pulses corresponding to the value of Byte count, but I only see valid data on the MOSI pin for the first byte. All subsequent bytes are 00. What am I doing wrong?
Hi DPE,
More likely you do not enter correctly data to be sent.
It mast be hexadecimal numbers with space between them. For example:
55 AA 44 32 23 e.t.c...
Space is important.

DPE

Re: SPI with SUB-20 Tool

Post by DPE »

Thanks for the quick response. I in fact did not have a space between the bytes.