driver for sub-20

All about Sub-20 Multi Interface USB Adapter USB to I2C, SPI, GPIO, RS232, RS485, Ir, LCD

Moderator: serg

elenrill

driver for sub-20

Post by elenrill »

Hello, folk!
Stupid me need help. I try to do a simple driver for sub-20. But if i call any function from sub20.lib , my driver do not setup correctly. In drivers i'm absolutly nub, so don't push me too hard.
So, how it make clever people?

with regards and hope,
Elenrill

xol
Site Admin

Re: driver for sub-20

Post by xol »

HI,
What do you mean by driver? Are you in kernel space? What operating system are you on?

elenrill

Post by elenrill »

Hi, xol!
OS- Windows XP
driver - file maked by DDK with .sys and TARGETTYPE=DRIVER. It must be in kernel mode

With hole
elenrill

xol
Site Admin

Post by xol »

OK,
I see you are really stupid in it.
Writing drivers is a top of programmers science. You have to be a very experience one to beg to touch driver source code. Considering what you have done, it's not for you at least for the nearest 5-10 years.
Besides you do not need it as SUB-20 is supplied with it's own driver ;-).
What is your final target?

elenrill

Post by elenrill »

final target - wireshark must work with sub20 as net device.
so i need driver of fake device that will be seems in wireshark (already done). but wireshark seems detected devices's driver by miniport side, but sneef datastreems by protocol side. so i need one more driver for that side. this second driver on mitiport side must be net device. and on other side -send/deceive data to native sub20 driver. as i npw it's sub20.dll from windows\system32\drivers\ isn't it?
And stupid me can't export functions from sub20.dll. tell me the truth - sub20.dll not for kernel mode?

elenrill

Post by elenrill »

OOPS!
If i have no dirrect access to hardware, i no need kernel mode driver!
So i can write user-mode driver, that may be correctly work rith sud20.dll or with sub.lib. Happyness is so near!