Configuring GPIO10\11

All about Sub-20 Multi Interface USB Adapter USB to I2C, SPI, GPIO, RS232, RS485, Ir, LCD

Moderator: serg

EvgenyMuryshkin

Configuring GPIO10\11

Post by EvgenyMuryshkin »

Hi,

For some reasons I can't control GPIO 10 and 11.
I can set them to be input or output (using sub-20 tool), but in output mode when i try to set value to 0 it automatically switches back to 1.

Are they dedicated only to RS or something wrong with configuration im doing?

(set Cfg to 1, Val to 0, Mask to 1 on both, Press Set Config\Write, Val switches back to '1')

Thank you.
Evgeny.

jon@ktizo.co.uk

Re: Configuring GPIO10\11

Post by jon@ktizo.co.uk »

Try disabling the RS232 port. Using the SUBTOOL, go to the RS232 tab, then uncheck the "RX/TX enable" checkboxes.

EvgenyMuryshkin

Post by EvgenyMuryshkin »

wow, thanks..

actually, when I openned RS tab, both checkboxes were unchecked, which most likely confused me from the beginning.
So what I had to do is enable RS (press set config) and then disables it (press set config again).

After that I'm able to control these IOs,

Thanks,

Regards,
Evgeny.

serg

Post by serg »

Hi Evgeny
...So what I had to do is enable RS (press set config) and then disables it (press set config again)...
You don't need to enable the RX/TX before disabling them, you can just click the "Set Config" button while "RX Enable" and "TX Enable" are unchecked. This should disable the RX/TX in case they were enabled before. You can also read the current SUB-20 board configuration by clicking the "Get Config" button on the right.