Grex

Grex - Advanced digital video stabilizer with high quality S-Video support
DVD Red PRO - Copy & Capture Protected VHS and DVD

Moderator: Denis_Fogel

technical-proficient

Grex

Post by technical-proficient »

I purchased the Dimax grey colored unit - Grex - and it lives up to every claim. That little gem is fantastic. All that I wanted to do was to copy my five year old grandson's hand-me-down VHS tapes (protected, of course) to DVD. It is easier on me to play the DVD, skipping to preferred scenes, etc. I had no sinister, evil, unlawful pursuit in mind. The Grex has performed admirably.

A minor annoyance is the green slop that occurs in the time between when the DVD recorder is activated and the press of the PLAY button on the VHS. If I need to make copies of my own VHS tapes, I will just massage the DVD via my computer, cut out the slop and copy to another DVD.

I had a Lite-On copier about three years ago and it copied anything. I purchased it at Sam's Club. When I upgraded to the SOTA (state of the art) Sony copier (VHS to DVD and vice versa) I was to dumb to realize that the kingpin of all copy protection would not permit me to do what the Lite-On unit did. Unfortunately, I did not realize this problem existed, and I donated the Lite-On to a children's day care. MORAL: NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.

My only suggestion is "WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, THEN, READ THEM AGAIN"
I am now 77 years old. I spent 38 years in sales of Coulter Instruments, Beckman and 400+ other manufacturers. Most problems with our instruments were generated by the customer.

Thanks for a great product.

Results+

Re: Grex

Post by Results+ »

I have owned the Grex for many years and have done a lot of transferring and all of sudden I can,t get any discs to play.
What are the proper light sequence when transferring protected tapes? I get three red flashes then a long yellow over and over.
Is my Grex dead?
Willie

xol
Site Admin

Re: Grex

Post by xol »

Hi,
Have you power cycled it?
Is the blinking you get is close to this one?
http://www.xdimax.com/grex_faq/faq_details.html#mode